On March 7, 2020, the Santa Cruz County Public Health Division announced that someone living in Santa Cruz County has tested with the coronavirus (also known as COVID-19). You may feel worried that COVID-19 may spread here, too. We understand your worries. You should know that the risk to people in Santa Cruz County is still low. There’s a lot that you can do to help protect you and your family.
- Wash your hands often with warm water and soap. Scrub your hands for about 20 seconds. Be sure to clean the skin between your fingers.
- If soap and water aren’t handy, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer.
- Don’t touch your face with your hands – especially not your mouth, eyes, or nose.
- Keep surfaces touched by many people clean.
- Get a flu shot to protect yourself and others.