COVID-19 has changed so many things for all families all over the world. As parents, we’re all trying to figure out how to keep our families safe and healthy. We wonder what will happen next.
How can we help our very young children get through all these changes? Here are some tips we hope can help.
Take time to breathe.
Before things get too hard around the house, take time to breathe. The whole family can do this together.
- Put one hand on your belly. Put the other hand on your chest.
- Take a deep breath into your belly. Feel your hand rise.
- Breathe out slowly through your lips. Tell your kids it’s like blowing out birthday candles.
- Do this 2 or 3 or 4 times.
Everyone should feel a lot better.
Remember, we’re in this together.
You may need help getting through this with your kids. You may worry about lost income and how to get the basics. You may be wonder about when to go to the doctor if someone is sick. Call Salud at (831) 728-0222 if you need help.
- We have parent coaches who can talk with you.
- We can help you find food and clothing.
- We can help you apply for other benefits.
- We can give you the medical care and advice you need.