COVID-19 has changed so many things for all families all over the world. All your normal routines as a family have changed. You may wonder how to keep your family safe and healthy.
Here are some tips we hope can help.
Talk about keeping safe from the coronavirus.
Share in a calm way about what is going on with COVID-19 and why they must stay home. Talk about the basics:
- Wash your hands with soap and water often. Find a song to sing for about 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your nose, mouth, or eyes.
- Stay home. It’s NOT okay to go on playdates or sleepovers with friends right now.
- Do NOT visit in person anyone who lives outside the house. That means this is not the time to visit with grandparents or to ask them to help out with childcare. While COVID-19 can be bad for anyone who gets it, for people over 60 or who have other health problems, it can be worse.
Salud is here to help.
Everyone needs help to get through this. At Salud, call us if you need to:
- Talk with our parent coaches about what you’re going through.
- Find food, clothing, or help with paying for meds.
- Apply for other benefits.
- Get medical care or advice.
Call Salud day or night at (831) 728-0222