COVID-19 has changed so many things for all families all over the world. Right now, your teen is likely having a hard time. Many teens feel cut off from friends.
How can parents help teens get through all these changes? Here are some tips we hope can help.
Talk about COVID-19 in an honest and open way.
When you share in a calm way about what is going on, it can help ease your teen’s worries. Make sure they know about the ways they can protect themselves and their loved ones from COVID-19. Tell them:
- Stay home. It’s NOT okay to hang out with friends right now.
- Do NOT visit in person anyone who lives outside the house.
Help your teen find ways to connect with others in a safe way.
Make sure your teen has time to connect with friends and family. Here are some ideas.
- Your teen can connect by phone, text, video chat, or social media.
- It’s OK to let your teen play games online.
- Ask your teen to help teach you and others how to use social media and to video chat.
Salud is here to help.
You may need help getting through this with your teen. Your teen may seem depressed and anxious. At Salud we have the help you need.
- We have counselors who can talk with your teen.
- We have parent coaches who can talk with you.
Call Salud at (831) 728-0222 if you need help.