COVID-19 has changed so many things for all families all over the world. All your normal routines as a family have changed. Schools are closed. You may not be able to work. Or you may worry about who will take care of the kids if you must work. You may wonder how to keep your family safe and healthy.
How can parents help children get through all these changes? Here are some tips we hope can help.
Help your children start a new routine.
Find out what your child’s school is doing with online or “distance” learning. Ask if there is help with getting Wi-fi or a Chromebook if you need it.
• Set a schedule that works.
• Set a time to wake up to get dressed and ready for their school day.
• List the times for learning and what your child will be doing.
• Keep TV and their phones off during “school hours.”
• Make sure they have breaks and a good lunch hour.
• Keep a normal sleep time so your child is ready to learn the next day.
Salud is here to help.
Everyone needs help to get through this. At Salud, call us if you need to:
• Have a Salud counselor talk with your school-aged child.
• Talk with our parent coaches about what you’re going through.
• Find food, clothing, or help with paying for meds.
• Apply for other benefits.
• Get medical care or advice.
Call Salud day or night at (831) 728-0222