COVID-19 has changed so many things for all families all over the world. Right now, your teen is likely having a hard time. Many teens feel cut off from friends. They may miss those important events in their lives they’ve been looking forward to.
How can parents help teens get through all these changes? Here are some tips we hope can help.
Help your teen start a new routine.
Find out what your teen’s school is doing with online or “distance” learning. Ask if there is help with getting Wi-fi or a computer if you need it.
• Set a schedule that works.
• Let your teen sleep in a little later than normal. That may help.
• Set a time to wake up to get dressed and ready for their school day.
• Keep TV and phones off during “school hours.”
• Make sure they have breaks and a good lunch hour.
• Keep a normal sleep time so your teen is ready to learn the next day.
Salud is here to help.
You may need help getting through this with your teen. Your teen may seem depressed and anxious. You may worry about lost income and how to get the basics. At Salud, we can help you:
• Find a counselor to talk with your teen.
• Talk to parent couches about what you’re going through.
• Find food and clothing.
• Apply for other benefits.
• Get the medical care and advice you need.
Call Salud at (831) 728-0222 if you need help.